Music Scholarship 2021
Medbury has very well appointed Music Suites and a motivated staff, with fifteen visiting music tutors, teaching a comprehensive range of instruments.
Music groups include an Orchestra, a Concert Band, a Jazz Band and Rock Band.
Medbury has a Senior Choir, a Junior Choir, and the Medbury Chorus. Music education is an integral and important part of education at the School.
The Music Scholarship
We are looking for a boy who is:
- genuinely committed to music.
- learning music because he enjoys doing so.
- keen to be involved in school musical activities and the corporate life of Medbury.
Format for the interview
- The boy plays his two contrasting pieces. Short ear tests and questions to assess his musicianship.
- Questions from the panel on his present involvement in music, his practice routines, his breadth of musicianship and his general interest.
- The short–listed candidates will be interviewed by the Headmaster.
Conditions of Entry
- To apply for a Year 7 Music scholarship entrants must be currently in a Year 6 class and must be under the age of eleven years and six months on 1 August 2020.
- All applicants must provide their most recent school report when applying to sit for a scholarship to Medbury School.
- No scholarship will be awarded until the applicant has been interviewed by the Headmaster, and is deemed to meet the necessary interview criteria.
- A scholarship may be withdrawn from a boy whose behaviour, or application to his work, is unsatisfactory.
- A boy is not eligible to win both an Academic and a Music Scholarship.
- In the case of international students the scholarship amount is based on the domestic school tuition fee, and not the international school fee.
The entry form below must be submitted online before Friday 15 May 2020.
The Music Auditions will be held at Medbury on Thursday 28 May 2020.
The Scholarships will be offered on Wednesday 10 June 2020 and acceptance must be made by 4.00pm on Friday 12 June 2020.